Prefab Modular Development
In prefab modular development, buildings are built in controlled, environmentally protected facilities using precise and efficient technology. The resulting buildings are engineered to be much stronger than site-built structures and enjoy a number of measurable advantages such as:
- Green Construction. The precision of the manufacturing process results in less waste and fewer disruptions to site flora and topography.
- Greater Flexibility and Reuse: Modular buildings are also engineered to be disassembled, such that modules may be relocated or reused, minimizing use of raw materials.
- Reduced Construction Schedule. Projects are typically completed 30% to 50% sooner than traditional construction.
- Safer Construction. The indoor fabrication environment reduces risk of accidents and related liabilities.
- Limitless Design Opportunities. Modular design allows for flexibility in configuring spaces.
The COVID-19 pandemic brought a terrible blow to hospital financial performance. Both operational and capital spending have been impacted. At the same time, demand, particularly in older demographics, exceeds facility resources. In many such situations, modular development offers realizable solutions.
Medvest sees opportunities for modular development in these, as well as other applications:
- Sterilization Units
- Emergency Rooms
- Diagnostic Imaging Facilities
- Clinics and Urgent Care Facilities
- Surgery Centers
- Supply Storage for Pandemic Response